USC is a large university with diverse schools and an abundance of departments within those schools, but I’m proud to say that we hire and cultivate world-class faculty at all levels and in all disciplines. The spirit that unites us across our fields is one of innovative scholarship (whether independent or collaborative), leadership in our respective disciplines, an endless quest for progress, and excellence in instructing our students.
One of my favorite things to do is personally congratulate our faculty who have earned tenure by demonstrating superior achievement in their field and dedication to their work. They make our university greater and it is an honor for me to deliver their promotion letters in person.
Here are just a few of our faculty who I have recently had the pleasure of congratulating in person:
- Tom Abrams, School of Cinematic Arts
- Peter Beerel, Viterbi School of Engineering
- Joanna Demers, Thornton School of Music
- Anthony Dukes, Marshall School of Business
- Adam Leventhal, Keck School of Medicine
- Takeishi Saito, Keck School of Medicine
- Terrence Town, Keck School of Medicine
- Qi-Long Ying, Keck School of Medicine
I congratulate them all and I look forward to delivering more promotion letters this semester.
– Michael W. Quick, September 13, 2018