The home of six arts schools in the disciplines of architecture, art and design, cinematic arts, dance, dramatic arts and music, USC is a natural platform for practice, performance, and defining the artist’s role in society. As enormous sociopolitical changes take place across the country and the world and as increasing technology shapes the ways in which human contact and perceptions of humanity is evolving, it becomes the artist’s task to challenge our existing ideas and create context for understanding our shared human experiences.
Dean’s Steering Committee on Engaging Arts for Social Change
- Robert Cutietta (Lead), Dean of the USC Thornton School of Music
- David Bridel, Dean of the USC School of Dramatic Arts
- Milton S. F. Curry, Dean of the USC School of Architecture
- Elizabeth Daley, Dean of the USC School of Cinematic Arts
- Selma Holo, Director of the USC Fisher Museum of Art
- Haven Lin-Kirk, Dean of the USC Roski School of Art and Design
- Erica Muhl, Dean of the USC Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy
- Robin Romans, Associate Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Visions and Voices
As part of the University’s commitment to providing a context around the arts, humanities, and society, Visions and Voices provides ongoing programming throughout the academic year to engage students in discussion and examination of contemporary and historic social issues. All members of the USC community are invited to attend, engage, and collaborate on programming.